Did you know that lighting can affect your home and lifestyle? Because of this, you must think through the type of lighting to install in your home. According to several studies, lights can significantly affect people’s emotional and psychological welfare. It is not just electricity brightening your rooms. Mitzi lighting can reflect your personality and character as well as create a home. Without the right lighting, you can lose the impact of your stunning home design. Read to know how the effects of lighting on your home and lifestyle:
Your home’s lighting will impact your mood. Poor lighting can deliver negative energy. On the other hand, good lighting will keep everyone in your house in good spirits. A house that has an open plan design gets plenty of natural light, which is good for keeping everyone in a positive mood.
In addition, lighting impacts your sleep cycle because it can influence your alertness in the morning and tiredness at night. Often, brighter lights are ideal for the mornings while dim lights are perfect for later in the day once the sun sets.
Lighting affects your home’s atmosphere in various ways such as:
- Space. A dark room tends to feel smaller while a brighter room feels bigger. A room without adequate lighting usually feels cramped.
- Shadow. Shadow highlights your home’s atmosphere, including its variation and texture. Having the proper lighting and making shadows in the perfect place will provide your house with a powerful effect.
- Tone. Lighting sets a room’s tone. Each room requires different lighting. For instance, task lighting is ideal for a home office.
You can find many eco-friendly bulbs on the market to illuminate your home. They include:
- Light-emitting diodes or LEDs. These lights are known for their energy efficiency and strength. They can utilize up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs. These bulbs can offer great illumination to your home for up to 100, 000 hours.
- Compact fluorescent lamps or CFLs. These eco-friendly bulbs are more efficient than other bulbs. They also generate less heat and do not contain as much mercury as others.
Smart lights can be controlled from your smartphone through an application. They can turn your lighting on and off or change the bulbs’ brightness and change their color. Typically, smart lighting bulks are LED lights. A bulb maybe about 9.5W while a regular bulb maybe 60W. But keep in mind that smart lighting system installation does not come cheap.